More Awesome Things You've Missed in Perl
(You can suggest changes to this post.)
Awesome things have been happening in Perl recently; so many that even if you’ve been paying close attention, you may have missed a few. In this talk we’ll examine some of the coolest recent technologies for Perl programmers, including:
- Overhauling Perl’s Object Oriented framework with Moose.
- Making everything a first-class object with autobox.
- Slashing your error handling code with autodie.
- Building fast, readable and reusable regular expressions with Perl 5.10.
- Bundling and building stand-alone applications using PAR, the Perl Archiver.
- Astonishingly good profiling with Devel::NYTProf.
- Playing MineSweeper automatically with App::SweeperBot.
3 Myths That Block Progress For The Poor
The belief that the world can’t solve extreme poverty and disease isn’t just mistaken. It is harmful. Read more...
This site is ad-free, and all text, style, and code may be re-used under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 license. If like what I do, please consider supporting me on Patreon, or donating via Bitcoin (1P9iGHMiQwRrnZuA6USp5PNSuJrEcH411f).