Hi everyone! I give talks, write articles, and frequently share my thoughts and opinions. Here I’ve tried to summarise my “best of” output for 2015.
I do a lot of writing about technology, mental health, society, and the future. Here are some selected pieces from this year:
- Why non-code contributions matter
- Human relevance in the age of machines
- Buzzconf was awesome
- Duck yes! SpaceX lands Falcon 9
- Just love each other
- It’s time we spoke about loneliness
- I’m donating 10% of my income to causes that do the most good
While I’ve appeared at a number of conferences in 2015, not all of my talks have been taped. However I’m very pleased with the ones that have:
- Open Source and Social Change, Making the World a Better Place (20 minutes OSCON keynote)
- The Future is Awesome (machine ethics and emerging technologies) (10 minute OSCON keynote)
- The Future is Awesome (machine ethics and emerging technologies) (40 minute in-depth PLUG talk)
I keep wanting to record more audio, but it’s something I need to have sufficient time for and be in the right mood:
I’ve also written a number of longer Facebook posts that haven’t made it to the rest of the internet yet:
- The humanity of kicking a robot
- Seven tips for starting a healthy community
- Technological unemployment
- Code is like sausages
- Numbers in Japanese
Support me on Patreon
Everything I do is released under free licenses; indeed, everything linked to by this post is released under a Creative Commons Attribution license. I also don’t run ads anywhere. If you want to support my role as a thinker and opinion-writer, you can do so on Patreon.
Wishing you all the best for 2016!
This site is ad-free, and all text, style, and code may be re-used under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 license. If like what I do, please consider supporting me on Patreon, or donating via Bitcoin (1P9iGHMiQwRrnZuA6USp5PNSuJrEcH411f).